What is an Early College High School?
Early College High Schools (ECHS) are innovative high schools that allow students least likely to attend college an opportunity to earn a high school diploma and 60 college credit hours. Early College High Schools:
- provide dual credit at no cost to students,
- offer rigorous instruction and accelerated courses,
- provide academic and social support services to help students succeed,
- increase college readiness, and
- reduce barriers to college access
Should my child attend an ECHS?
Early College High Schools are public schools and, therefore, any high school student zoned within geographical boundaries of Panola Schools district may apply. Students who meet one or more of the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- might be the first in their family to attend college.
- want to attend college but need a no-cost solution.
- are motivated to challenge themselves with in depth college-level course work.
- are comfortable in smaller classes focused on academics.
- are open to accept academic guidance from dedicated, collegiate teachers and professors.
Call Panola Early College High School for your opportunity to ACCESS your
Mr. Bryan Tarjick, Asst. Principal
Panola Early College High School
820 W. Panola (W.C. Smith Building)
Carthage, TX 75633
(903) 694-2208 (fax)