Prepare Your Student
Thank you for being a part of your child's educational team. Your support and influence is critical to his or her academic success. Your efforts are welcomed, encouraged and appreciated. You help make each day the best learning day for your child.
As a parent or caregiver, your child's academic achievement depends on your role in preparing your child for school. You can ensure your child's success in learning and life by getting involved early in your child's education. Communication between you and your child is crucial. Your connections to the school and his or her friends will help your child adjust to school.
Here are some ideas to help prepare your child's success during the school year.
- Explore the Panola Schools district web site for information about the district and individual schools.
- Talk to your child about school and learn about their expectations. Ask them what they think they will like about school.
- Get your child excited by sharing positive experiences you had when you went to school.
- Purchase school supplies well before the start of school so that students will begin the school year well prepared.
- Be aware that your attitude towards school has an impact on your child. Children will be positive and cheerful if they see that you are that way.